- Representative Experience
Mr. Lee has been practicing in the areas of bankruptcy and creditor’s rights since 2004. His experience includes representing a wide range of businesses, lenders, finance companies, and financial institutions in litigation related to areas including bankruptcy, commercial and consumer collections, and collateral recovery. Prior to joining the Firm, he managed the day-to-day operations of a multi-state bankruptcy and creditors’ rights practice representing secured and unsecured creditors in both state and federal courts. His experience also includes coordinating a national replevin/claim & delivery practice for a large financial institution, serving as lead counsel for a Fortune 100 company with an active caseload of more than 500 commercial collections lawsuits, and managing a Georgia bankruptcy practice.
Mr. Lee often represents creditors in negotiations, lawsuits, and bankruptcy matters and advises his clients on issues related to debt, collateral recovery, contracts, insolvency, and civil litigation. His practice includes drafting bankruptcy and state court pleadings and motions, including motions for summary judgment and default in state court litigation and motions for relief from the automatic stay in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases. Mr. Lee also manages both pre- and post-judgment collections efforts on behalf of his clients, including asset searches, writs of possession, garnishments, and liens.
- Successfully argued on behalf of a Georgia automobile finance client that when drafted with specificity, a motion for relief from stay in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy case can constitute an informal proof of claim.
- Litigated a dispute involving the disposition of excess funds after a tax sale to judgment in favor of a national financial institution.
- Represented a large corporate client in motion to dismiss and summary judgment hearings in which the Court found the client's forum selection contract language enforceable.
- Represented a commercial landlord in the Chapter 11 reorganization of a national retail chain and successfully negotiated more favorable treatment for the client.
- Obtained an arbitration award in favor of a law firm client in a case involving breach of contract, open account, and quantum meruit claims.
- Negotiated a mediated settlement of an interpleader lawsuit on behalf of a client in the debt-buying industry.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2004
- Transylvania University, B.A. in Economics, 1997
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia